5 days per week. Permanent.
Salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within a small dedicated Finance team at Pitlochry Festival Theatre (in Pitlochry, Perthshire) dealing with the Finance of both the Theatre and its Trading subsidiary.
This is a broad role that requires both financial and management accounting skills in addition to good knowledge of accounting standards and best practice.
You will be involved with but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the development, implementation and delivery of efficient financial and accounting systems.
- Ensuring that accounting requirements are met and that systems are continually monitored to be as efficient and cost effective for PFT as possible.
- Streamlining departmental tasks and work patterns, ensuring that they are appropriate to the business need.
- Ensuring that the processing of more complex accounting activities is carried out within appropriate timescales.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Supporting and assisting with year end
- P&L analysis
- KPI reporting
- Supporting budgeting & forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
- Inter-company accounting
- Weekly & Monthly Payroll
- Cash handling & counting
- Adhoc monthly reporting & analysis
- Supporting a high value capital project
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity you MUST have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - finalist or qualified by experience may be considered with exceptional practical experience
- A proven track record of practical and hands on finance experience within a medium/large business
- Strong experience of working with Accounts Packages – Pegasus Opera 3 would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of payroll systems and relevant legislation
- Significant experience of producing management accounts
- Ability to analyse data
- Experience of cash flow management
- Knowledge of VAT requirements; desirable experience of producing VAT returns for partially exempt VAT would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Commitment to and aptitude for team-working
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
Knowledge of the Arts and Charity Accounts would also be advantageous.
To Apply for this position please send a current CV along with a supporting covering letter, which should clearly demonstrate and corroborate how your skills and experience matches those outlined in the job description, to email@example.com
PFT Management Accountant Job Description
Applications should only be submitted from candidates with the requisite financial experience.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint before the closing date.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity for its staff (existing and prospective) and customers. The aim of this policy is to eliminate unlawful or unfair discrimination and encourage diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, responsibility for dependants, disability (mental and/or physical), sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnicity, nationality, religious belief, politics, social background, part-time employment, age, trade union activity, or employment status and to ensure that no person or group is disadvantaged by unjustifiable reasons or conditions.