Pitlochry Festival Theatre is a not-for-profit theatre. We are committed to helping to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment and below are a list of our environmental objectives:
- Litter & Recycling – we strive to use recycled products wherever possible, we aim to minimise litter onsite and ask that all visitors respect this and use the bins provided.
- We are committed to reusing as much of our waste as possible and recycle the materials used to create our stage sets.
- We are continually investigating measures which reduce the consumption of raw materials (especially water, electricity, and gas);
- We continually strive to minimise the risk of pollutant disposal to water, land and air;
- We provide appropriate training to our employees to enable them to implement this environmental code;
- We exercise control, as far as is possible, over the environmental impacts arising as a result of work being undertaken on our behalf by our sub-contractors, suppliers and maintenance contractors.
The Green Tourism Business Scheme is a VisitScotland accredited scheme to help tourism businesses to reduce their environmental impact, save costs, improve efficiency and increase their marketing potential. Pitlochry Festival Theatre was awarded this environmental accreditation in 2005.
PFT is also a member of the The BEP business scheme which is designed primarily to help our business save money, keep up-to-date on environmental issues, network with other green companies, and promote your environmental awareness.