Pleasance Theatre National Partnership
We would love to hear from artists, creatives, theatre companies who want to take their work the Edinburgh Fringe in 2022
We are delighted to be working with the Pleasance Theatre as part of their Edinburgh National Partnerships programme to support one Scottish artist or company who want to take work to Edinburgh Fringe in 2022.
The Pleasance is working with partner theatres across the UK to identify and support exceptional artists and companies local to them who want to take work to the Fringe. Each partner is a leading national producing house, with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists.
For 2022, Pitlochry Festival Theatre is delighted to be one of the partner organisations alongside York Theatre Royal, Bristol Old Vic, Leicester Curve, HOME Manchester, Theatre Royal Plymouth & Sherman Theatre.
Working with The Pleasance we will identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers, with the primary aim of the scheme to uncover and support the best companies and artists from Perthshire, and across the UK, to present work at the Fringe!
To apply for the Pitlochry Festival Theatre opportunity, see details below;
What do you get?
- Up to £2000 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting your show at the Fringe.
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme.
- Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space at Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
- A programming option in the Pleasance London transfer run post-Fringe.
- Support to deliver accessible performances as part of the Fringe run.
- Mentorship, support and advice from both Pitlochry Festival Theatre and The Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe.
- Support to build new touring relationships with other National Partnership venues.
How to apply:
Please send in the following details in written, audio or audio visual format – which ever suits you – to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Basic information (company/artist name, show title, primary contact & details)
- Information about the artist/company and your show
- Who the target audience is and why?
- Why you are interested in performing at the Edinburgh Fringe?
- Why is this opportunity important for you and your development?
- Why would you like to be supported by Pitlochry Festival Theatre?
If you can, please provide links to supplementary material in support of your application (this could include videos/trailers of previous work, R&D footage, scripts/excerpts, images, etc.)
At PFT we prioritise auditioning actors based in Scotland and those based elsewhere who self-identify as Scottish. We are also eager to hear from under-represented groups within the theatre community.
If you have any questions about the opportunity, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Deadline: Friday 7th January 2022
Interviews: w/c 17th January 2022
All companies interviewed will be offered feedback.