Project: Ghost Stories – new commissions for outdoor performance from writers Maryam Haimidi, Jen McGregor and Martin McCormick
After a Summer Season outdoors, and to continue social distancing and ensuring audiences and our teams feel safe, Pitlochry Festival Theatre will be presenting newly commissioned Ghost Stories for performance in our Explorers’ Garden.
- All lines are Equity and Covid-19 secure contracts
- We are seeking actors who feel comfortable working and rehearsing remotely/online and performing outdoors.
- Rehearsal: w/c 4th October for Line 2, 11th October for Line 1, 18th and 19th October on site tech and dress rehearsals
- Performances: 20th October – 7th November
Submissions are welcome from:
- Actors of any age over 18 years old.
- Any gender*
- Any race/ethnicity*
- We actively encourage submissions from those self-identifying as any combination of the 9 protected characteristics defined by the Equality’s Act of 2010.
- At PFT we prioritise auditioning actors based in Scotland and those based elsewhere who self-identify as Scottish. We are also eager to hear from under-represented groups within the acting community.
*as defined by Spotlight UK
Open call submissions are highlighted below:
45+ Scottish Woman who has grown up around Alyth. She is formidable, a public speaker and is telling us about her fears.
24-30 year old woman of Middle Eastern heritage.
How to submit?
First round: Please submit your CV via spotlight. If not on spotlight please submit your CV to email@example.com
Submission deadline: Friday 1st October 17:00
Decisions: Monday 4th October for an audition
Second round: an audition on Zoom with the production’s director, Amy Liptrott.
Tuesday 5th October / Wednesday 6th October during the following times: 9am – 11am or 5pm – 7pm
At least 10 actors from this open-call will be invited to a second-round audition.
Everyone will be informed by 8th October if they were successful or unsuccessful.
- We commit to auditioning at least 2 actors who are currently unrepresented
- We will audition at least 10 actors for the project
- Feedback will be provided for every second-round audition
- We will publish figures of how many people submitted and how many actors were invited to the second-round audition
- This breakdown will also be shared with all agents via Spotlight