OPEN CALL OUT – Recorded Audio Performance
Project: Sound Stage recording of History by Roy Williams
Elizabeth Newman (Artistic Director, Pitlochry Festival Theatre) and David Greig (Artistic Director and Joint CEO, Royal Lyceum Theatre, Edinburgh) have generated a new, online audio project in Scotland, to celebrate Scottish Theatre, called Sound Stage. Sound Stage is a collaboration between Pitlochry Festival Theatre, The Royal Lyceum and the leading audio company – Naked Productions. The idea is to create a digital platform which will enable the audience member to really get the feeling of being in a theatre to watch their chosen production. Each play will be recorded and then presented on Sound Stage for no more than 5 times.
- All lines are Equity and Covid-19 secure contracts
- We are seeking actors who feels comfortable working and rehearsing remotely/online.
- Recording Method. Remote recording from home. Working on Zoom and Zencaster.
If the actor does not have recording kit it will be sent to them via post and full support will be given in setting up the equipment.
- Dates: week commencing 2 August 2021
- Days and Times: the number of days and times will vary according to the line of parts, but times will be between approximately 10:00-17:30
Submissions are welcome from:
- Actors of any age over 18 years old.
- Any gender*
- We actively encourage submissions from those self-identifying as any combination of the 9 protected characteristics defined by the Equality’s Act of 2010.
- At PFT we prioritise auditioning actors based in Scotland and those based elsewhere who self-identify as Scottish.*as defined by Spotlight UK
Open call submissions are in highlighted below:
Neil: (Black, late teens/early20s) Neil is a shelf stacker in Sainsburys. From London
Gary: (Black, mid 20s) Gary is a young man who has what it takes to be a successful politician. From London
Jordan: (Black, early 20’s) Full of charm, and passion. From London
Dennis (Black Late 20s) A Police officer from London
Kelle (Black, late teens) A passionate and aspirational young woman From London
Gwen (Black Early 50s) From London
Claire (Black, late teens early 20’s) From London
How to submit?
First round: Please submit your CV via spotlight. If not on spotlight please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: Tuesday 20th July at 5pm
Decisions: Wednesday 21st July
Second round: an audition on Zoom with the Production’s Director, Ben Occhipinti
At least 8 actors from this open-call will be invited to a second-round audition.
Second round auditions: 24th July
Everyone will be informed by 26th July if they were successful or unsuccessful.
- Some of the lines are currently under offer to artists who have previously been engaged with the projects and/or have specific/distinct skills required and/or have become a member of the extended Creative Team.
- We will audition at least 12 actors for the project
- Feedback will be provided for every second-round audition
- We will publish figures of how many people submitted and how many actors were invited to the second-round audition
- This breakdown will also be shared with all agents via Spotlight