PFT has begun an exciting development with the launch of Vision 2021
Since its birth in a tent in 1951, PFT has evolved continuously to suit the changing needs of its patrons and the times.
Following an independent Feasibility Study (commissioned by Creative Scotland, Perth and Kinross Council and Scottish Enterprise) of our plans to further develop John Stewart’s legacy, we are delighted to be able to share with you the outline of our new vision for the Theatre in the Hills.
We intend that PFT will:
- Become a centre of production excellence – by creating and delivering the highest quality theatre.
- Raise our profile and extend our reach – by working in partnership with theatre-makers and venues, creating productions here in Pitlochry, throughout Scotland and across the UK.
- Invest in the future of our people – by providing extraordinary training, facilities and opportunities for theatre-makers and artists alike.
- Contribute to Scotland’s creative and tourism economies – by taking inspiration from our landscapes and environments, to attract diverse visitors to Pitlochry and encourage them to do more and see more while they are here.
- Remove barriers to attendance, participation and engagement by delivering and maintaining, built and natural environment across our eleven-acre campus, which is as accessible as possible, for as many people as possible.