Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust and Pitlochry Festival Theatre have collaborated to celebrate the Tayside landscape we are lucky enough to call home, and encourage visitors to enjoy their time in Highland Perthshire.
TAYken by Me is an exciting and inspiring Photography Competition open to amateur photographers of all ages.
And it’s FREE to enter.
SCROLL DOWN >> for all details as well as videos on hints and tips from the judges!
Any amateur photographer, from anywhere in the world, can enter, but all images entered must have been photographed during the competition dates – October 1 2020 to 31 March 2021 – and in Scotland, in the vicinity of the River Tay.
We recommend the River Tay Way as a source of inspiration.
There are FIVE Categories to enter:
- Young People (Sponsored by Cat Burton Photography)
- Trees of the Tay (Sponsored by Dunkeld House Hotel)
- Wildlife of the Tay (Sponsored by Perthshire Wildlife)
- Architecture of the Tay (Sponsored by The Scottish Crannog Centre)
- Hidden Details of the Tay (Sponsored by The Highland Chocolatier)
Judges will be looking for originality, creativity and technique and include Cat Burton, Alan McCredie, Amy Liptrott – Pitlochry Festival Theatre and Constance Boddice – Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust.
*** How to enter ***
Full information is included in the TAYken by Me Competition Rules. Please click the links below to read and download
Specific eligibility requirements may be detailed in individual category descriptions, so please check these carefully.
Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Entries submitted in any other way will not be accepted.
- Image files must be 300 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB.
- You can enter any, or all categories for which you are eligible, to a total of 5 entries.
- Entries must be labelled with the your name, photograph location and competition category.
- Email must include your own name, address and telephone number. And for the Young People’s category, please provide date of birth and consent, from a parent, carer or guardian.
For each of the 5 categories:
- First prize – £50
- Second prize – £30
- Third prize – £20
Along with additional prizes supplied by our sponsors for their chosen categories:
Cat Burton Photography – Workshop
Dunkeld House Hotel – Afternoon Tea for two
Perthshire Wildlife – Beaver Experience for two
Scottish Crannog Centre – Family Ticket
The Highland Chocolatier – Chocolate Tasting for two
It’s time to get snappy!
If you have any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with TAYken by Me Photography Competition in the subject.